“If you value hiring, if you value people, you should engage!”
“Nobody wants to create a resume!”
“Too many startups check for (a candidate’s) weakness!”
– Sneha Jain and Krishnan Nair, founders of GeekTrust (platform that uses coding challenges to do hiring for startups )
This week, we catch up with the founders of GeekTrust. They’re Krishnan Nair and Sneha Jain. And our topic that we discuss in-depth is “Hiring for Startups”. Their platform is one which aims to this process fun from a candidate’s perspective. Hence, they do this through coding challenges which eliminates the need for resumes!
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Both the founders met at a previous company and realized the need for a platform that can be used to explore startup jobs. Hence, the seed for this startup was born. They give great advice both from a candidate’s perspective as well as from a hiring manager (or startup’s) perspective. Hence, If you’re looking for a startup job or looking to hire people for your own startup, this is a must-listen episode!
Following are the resources that Sneha and Krishnan mention on the show:
- GeekTrust – Startup that aims to make hiring for startups fun via coding challenges!
- Book recommendations – “The Hard Thing About Hard Things” by Ben Horowitz, “Marketing: A Love Story” by Bernadette Jiwa, “The Golden Tap…” by Kashyap Deorah, “The Shoe Dog….” the memoir by Nike’s Phil Knight and “Made to Stick…” by Chip and Dan Heath
- They also recommend “HeadFirst Series” to learn the basics of programming
- You can reach out to them as follows:
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help