“The marketers who win are creative, they think outside the box!”
“…if it doesn’t beneift your user and make their experience better, who cares? “
“Marketing is about testing”
– Neil Patel, marketing guru and serial entrepreneur on advice regarding DIY marketing for startups!
This week, we catch up with the one and only Neil Patel. Neil is a serial entrepreneur and considered by many as the guru of marketing. This is a very short interview that lasts only about 20 minutes, but a power packed one. Neil gives great gems of wisdom on how to do DIY Marketing for startups; that not only can be used by startups, but established companies as well.
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
We start off with a quick brief about Neil and then dive right into the meaty stuff. Neil gives solid advice on marketing that can be used by startups to accelerate their growth. Hence, this is a must listen episode for anybody serious about DIY marketing for their own startups. Don’t miss it!
Following are the resources that Neil mentions on the show:
- The Marketing School Podcast – Neil’s own podcast. He gives marketing advice for startups (mostly DIY marketing for startups type advice) everyday for 10 minutes.
- Books that Neil recommends are “The Art of the Start” by Guy Kawasaki, “The Dip” by Seth Godin, “The Lean Startup” by Eric Ries and “Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking” by Malcolm Gladwell
- Also, websites that come highly recommend by Neil are — “Google” :), TechCrunch and Mashable
- Finally, tools and software that he highly recommends – BuzzSumo, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Analytics and Hello Bar
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help