“See if you’re solving a real problem”
“…set hourly goals and keep achieving them”
“Let your actions be defined by…Respectable, Responsible and Functional”
– Malini Gowrishankar, Founder of F5Escapes (Helping make travel for women safer)
In this week’s episode, we talk to Ms. Malini Gowrishankar, the founder and Chief Travel Office of F5Escapes. This is a startup that aims to put India back on the global travel map. They aim to do this by making travel for women safer. Malini talks about the unique business model of F5Escapes. She also delves a bit into her past…
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Malini talks about her past experiences as a freelance voice-over artist, baking and selling cakes etc. and how she hit up on the idea of F5Escapes. Starting out as a techie, she talks about how she ended up being an entrepreneur. Malini rounds up by giving great gems of wisdom. She also talks about her role in HeadStart Network Foundation (their facebook page)
Resources that Malini mentions on the show
- www.f5escapes.com — Making Travel for Women safer in India. If you’re a woman and love travelling, do check them out!
- Books that Malini recommends are — 1) “Zero to One” by Peter Thiel and 2) “Emotional Intelligene” by Daniel Goleman
- Headstart network — Known for their flagship event “Startup Saturday”. They’re India’s largest early stage startup community. Their Facebook Page
- Connect to Malini via LinkedIn or via Twitter @malinigs
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help
Have you personally used F5Escapes? Were you a woman and did it help making travel for women safer? Malini and us would love to know, drop us an email at ram AT foundersgyan.com or use the comments box below!
Subscribe via iTunes, Stichter Radio, RSS Feed