“Way in advance of (crowdfunding), you should be approaching potential investors already”
“For us, it’s about being laser focused!”
“Every business should have an aim, something it’s trying to achieve…”
– Scott Woodley – founder of Tutora – during our talk on “Crowd based equity funding for startups”
Firstly, I’m super excited today to be bringing to you a topic that every startup can use. Today’s topic is “Crowd based equity funding for startups”. And we are talking with Scotty Woodley a.k.a Woody, who is the founder of a very successful education startup. Woody has already raised money for his startup via crowd funding and is in the midst of a 2nd round. So, who better than to learn from than an expert!
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Woody has been running his startup for about 2 years now. He gives us actionable tips, tricks and pitfalls with regards to crowd based equity funding! This is a power packed episode that is a must for all startups! So what are you waiting for? So, go ahead and click the play button above!
This is part 2 in the series around funding. We covered “Crowdfunding for startups” from a product and platform perspective in foundersgyan episode 66.
Following are the resources mentioned in the show:
- Tutora – The education based startup of Woody
- Crowdcube website where Woody is raising money for his startup in exchange for equity
- Some of Woody’s favorite websites are AngelList, Linkedin, Hubspot, Moz and Paul Graham’s blog
- You can reach to Woody by email via scott AT tutora.co.uk
Finally, please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help