“You need to face brutal realities”
“Always listen to advice, but do what you believe is right!”
“Don’t be shallow in your approach, go deep!”
– Mudit Jain and Rishabh Jain, founders of Qriyo.com during their discussion on scaling in non Tier-1 Cities
Firstly, I’m super excited today to be bringing to you a topic that we believe is not often talked about. The topic for the day is “Scaling in non Tier-1 Cities” (for startups). Not every startup has the luxury of being in a Tier-1 city. Hence this episode is dedictated to all you founders/would-be founders aiming to start and scale in non Tier-1 cities.
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
We talk about tips, tricks and pitfalls about scaling in non Tier-1 Cities. We also talk about the various advantages of starting up and scaling in non Tier-1 cities. This has several advantages (obvious one is cost, but many are hidden advantages). So, go on, listen to this short episode to know more details.
Finally, we’re taking a short break next week and will be back after 1 week. Listen to our archives in the meantime and enjoy!
Following are the resources that the founders mention on the show:
- Qriyo.com – Website for learning. This was built in a Tier-2 city. And the founders are in the process of scaling in non-Tier cities
- Kunal Shah’s delta 4 video which got a mention.
- Books that Mudit Jain and Rishabh Jain recommend are “Good to Great” by James C. Collins and “The Lean Startup” by Eric Ries
- Ways to reach the founders:
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help