“Why should I stand in line because somebody else is not good at collecting payments?!”
“Look around you, there are a million places where people have trouble!”
“Attitude is more important than skill!”
– Ganesh Balakrishnan, co-founder of “Momoe” (enabling cashless payments via your mobile phone!)
In this week’s episode, we talk to Ganesh Balakrishnan, one of the founders of Momoe.in. This is a platform that aims to replace cash as a mode of payment into cashless. What’s more, you don’t even need to carry your credit or debit cards. How do they do this? Simple, they enable cashless payments via your mobile phone! Your mobile goes everywhere with you, so why not just use it for payments? Brilliant, right?
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Ganesh talks about how the frustration of his own billing experiences gave birth to this idea. He also is a seasoned entrepreneur and gives great wisdom and tips to all would-be founders. Sample, this “Your family has to be supportive of what you do (otherwise it’s a tough journey)”. This was such a great show and if you want to startup, I would highly encourage you to listen and assimilate the nuggets in the show!
Resources that Ganesh mentions on the show
- Momoe.In– If you’re a merchant, you could tie up with them. If you’re a customer, download the app to enable cashless payments via your mobile phone
- POP prototyping App was used to create the initial design of the platform. It would be useful for anybody to start designing a prototype
- Y Combinator founder blogs is a favorite resource of the founder for startup tips and tricks
- Ganesh is a great fan of Guy Kawasaki – check out his book “Art of the Start” and his Youtube channel
- “Zero to One” gets a nod and tick from Ganesh too. This is such a popular book among founders!
- Reach out to Ganesh via Facebook and @ganeshb78 on Twitter
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help